Only for Admin

Parts of speech table


Parts of Speech Table





part of speech
function or "job"
example words
example sentences
action or state
(to) be, have, do, like, work, sing, can, must
English Grammar Bizz is a web site. I like English Grammar Bizz.
thing or person
pen, dog, work, music, town, London, teacher, John
This is my dog. He lives in my house. We live in London.
describes a noun
a/an, the, 2, some, good, big, red, well, interesting
I have two dogs. My dogs are big. I like big dogs.
describes a verb, adjective or adverb
quickly, silently, well, badly, very, really
My dog eats quickly. When he is very hungry, he eats really quickly.
replaces a noun
I, you, he, she, some
Tara is Indian. She is beautiful.
links a noun to another word
to, at, after, on, but
We went to school on Monday.
joins clauses or sentences or words
and, but, when
I like dogs and I like cats. I like cats and dogs. I like dogs but I don't like cats.
short exclamation, sometimes inserted into a sentence
oh!, ouch!, hi!, well
Ouch! That hurts! Hi! How are you? Well, I don't know.

Post a Comment

1 Comments