Only for Admin

Summary and theme of The Traffic Police - HSC English 1st paper


Summary and theme of The Traffic Police - HSC English 1st paper
Amidst killer speeds I stand
Facing the traffic, stretching my hand.
I am seen on kid's books and as cartoons everywhere
Educating people and asking them to beware
Of the erratic traffic and the signboards
Seen on almost all the roads.
So that you're safe I see each one of you
But my sweat, my plight on the road sees who?
Be it sunny or rainy,
For your safety I must be
Vigil and agile, on the middle
Standing erect, as fit as a fiddle.

Summary: A traffic police is a very dutiful and hard working person. He stands amidst the speedy movement of vehicles on the road. He works hard, although people do not understand and properly evaluate his work. He stands on the road being cautious and serious. He stands in the middle being straight and erect like a fiddle. The poet wants to honour the traffic police, who makes an important role in the society in spite of being deprived. 

Post a Comment

0 Comments