Only for Admin

Paragraph on : "Childhood Memories" and "Living in a Nuclear or an Extended Family "



Childhood Memories: A human domain of pleasure

 We are fond of turning back from the present to the past again and again. The present may be good and enchanting but the past is golden. Nothing is more pleasant to us than the memories of our childhood. The memories of my childhood always haunt me like a passion. Whenever I am in a passive mood, I recollect the sweet memories of my childhood and find a lot of pleasure. I have some memorable events of childhood. Some events still thrill me and make me uplifted. My playground was the bank of the mighty Arial Khan, which had a great attraction for me. Whenever I was not at home, I could be found on its sweet alluring bank. At times I used to row on the river, jump into it and swim in it with my playmates. I was very fond of stealing mangoes, litchis, blackberries, coconuts, papaws and other fruits in the company of my friends. Sometimes we would forget to eat our meals. In some afternoons, I would walk from one grove to another in search of birds in the bush near our house. Hundreds of birds made their nests in that bush. Very often I went there with my playmates to catch birds. Sometimes we would cook and eat them with great pleasure like mini-picnic. At the age of five, I started my early education in a primary school situated in the neighbouring village. My playmates were also my classmates there. Thus my childhood was very enjoyable. When I remember my childhood, I feel very enthusiastic and happy. To recall those days of hunting, I cannot but quote few lines from the poem ―The Earth in My Palm‖ of Hasan Hafizur Rahman, translated by Mohammad Ali, ―There was a time/ When I used to go to a bird to know it, and/ My voice sang its song.‖        


Living in a Nuclear or an Extended Family

 Living in a family is the traditional trend of human beings. Some people live in nuclear families and some in extended families. Living both in nuclear families and extended families have some advantages as well as some disadvantages. I live in an extended family. I often face some problems. Nevertheless, I am happy there. But nowadays, nuclear families are increasing day by day. Our life has become very busy. At the same time, being bound to live in cities in search of income, people are going to be detached from their parents, grandparents, uncles, aunts and cousins. They live in cities with their wives and children only. But life in cities is not so easy nowadays. So, with the gradual increase of the price of daily commodities, they cannot send money to the extended families in villages. In a nuclear family, the children can grow up in a suitable environment. They are there brought up soundly. But in reality, the children in a nuclear family feel lonely. They cannot share their feelings with others. Their parents remain busy most of the time. So, they remain mentally upset. Human mind is very sensitive. So, everyone wants to have a partner to share his distress and happiness. I do not support a nuclear family because in it family members become selfcentred in most cases. It is, in fact, a reality of modern life that people become compelled to form a nuclear family in the long distant cities being isolated from the near and dear ones. 

Post a Comment

0 Comments