Only for Admin

Passage narration: Change the following passage into indirect speech.

Change the following passage into indirect speech.
1.      The captain said. 'Sir, we-are ready to face our enemy." "You can give us permission at any moment." Sir said. "No. you will not move now." The captain said. "Yes, I will always follow your order. sir.."
Ans: Addressing as sir, the captain said that they were ready to face their enemy and further said that he could give them permission at any moment. Sir replied in the negative and said that they would not move then. Addressing as sir the captain replied in the affirmative and added that he would always follow his order.
2.      A boy said to me. "Please give me some work." I said, "What work can you do?" The boy said. "I can take care of garden." I said, "Can you say which is the most important thing Of a garden?" The   boy said to me. "It is fence, Sir." I said,"l am pleased. You can go with me."
Ans : A boy requested me, to kindly give him some work. I asked what work he could do. The boy replied that he could take care of garden. I asked if he could say which the most important thing of a garden was. Addressing as sir, the boy answered that it was fence. I said that I was pleased and he could go with me.
3.      The night guard said, "Who are you?" "Please, give your identity. Otherwise, I'll not give. you entrance." The guest said, "Rahman, at last you have failed to identify your house-master." The   guard said. "Sorry. sir, I cannot identify you in your- disguise." The house-master said, "No. don't get nervous. "I have just observed your discipline."
Ans : The night guard asked who he was and requested to kindly give him identity and said that he would not give him entrance. The guest told Rahman that at last he had failed to identify his house master. Addressing as sir, the guard expressed sorrow and said that he could not identify him in his disguise. The house master assured him not to get nervous and said that he had just observed his discipline.



Post a Comment

5 Comments

  1. . Change the following passage into indirect speech: 5
    "Stopl You are eating all our bread," shouted the two rats. "l am doing my best but I have told you it,s difficult,,,
    said the monkey. "Give us the little piece," said the rats. "This is my piece. Haven't I done a lot of work for you?,,
    replied the monkey. "How foolish we are to believe youl" said the rats.

    ReplyDelete

  2. "Can you hear me,Natasha?” said Arko.“Yes,Sir.But what
    happened?”
    “Haven"t you changed the documents those were mistaken?"
    “Sorry, sir. But I'll do it right now.”"Rabish!”

    ReplyDelete
  3. Change the passage into indirect.
    "Can you hear me,Natasha?”said Arko.“Yes,Sir.But what
    happened?”
    “Haven"t you changed the documents those were mistaken?"
    “Sorry, sir.But I'll do it right now.”"Rabish!”

    ReplyDelete
  4. She tells her mother "i need your help "

    ReplyDelete
  5. Did you see the large tree said the witch

    ReplyDelete